CALL TO ARTISTS
Lodi Community Art Center’s 7th Annual Photography Show & Sale is accepting entries via Smarter Entry through September 9, 2018.
Join us for the show: October 3 - October 26, 2018
Show will be held at:
Lodi Community Art Center | map
110 W Pine Street | Lodi, CA 95240
- Landscapes: These images depict an expanse of scenery. The subject is the scenery and not individual elements of the scene. These images include but are not limited to landscapes, outdoor scenic, sunsets, farms, etc.
- Water in All its Forms: These images will depict water as the primary subject in any of its many forms including but not limited to ice, water, fog, snow, frost, rain, rivers, lakes, oceans, etc.
- Nature: These images depict a range of photography taken outdoors and devoted to displaying natural elements such as plants, flower, trees and close-ups of natural scenes and textures. It also includes animals in any setting – wild, domestic, farm, zoo, birds, sea life, insects, etc.
- In the Moment: These images depict moments of everyday life when the ordinary becomes extraordinary and seeks to capture chance interactions of everyday activity. This category includes people and objects.
- Still Life / Found Object: These images depict mostly inanimate subject matter. They are typically commonplace objects which may be either natural (food, flowers, plants, rocks, shells, etc.) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, and so on). Still life often suggests an arrangement of objects by the photographer, but this category also includes the more spontaneous discovery of everyday objects in their given environment.
- Elements of Design: These images are those that make good use of graphic elements of design. They include but are not limited to images that showcase lines, shapes, patterns, form, texture, perspective, etc. These images can consist of any subject matter including abstracts.
- $250- Best in Show
- $100- 1st Place in Each Category
- $75 - 2nd Place in Each Category
- $50- 3rd Place in Each Category
- Honorable Mention
Awards are given at the Judge’s discretion. The Judge’s decisions are final. Awards will be presented at the Artist Reception. People’s Choice Award will be identified at the end of the show from tallying the votes of Show attendees.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Sept 9 - Deadline for entry
- Sept 14 - Notification of Accepted Entries
- Sept 29-30 - Receiving Accepted Entries
- Sept 29 - Receipt of Shipped Entries
- Oct 3 - Show is Open
- Oct 6 - Artist Awards Reception
- Oct 8 - Show Judge Review
- Oct 27-28 - Pick Up Unsold Artwork
- Nov 2 - Shipped Artwork Returned
Entry fees are not refundable. Payment is made via the on-line SmarterEntry system. (click "Register" button above)
LCAC Member Fee: $15 per entry
Non-Member Fee: $20 per entry
Non-members are encouraged to join Lodi Community Art Center and enjoy the benefits of membership.